Real estate law
Knowledge of real estate law is one of OKW’s key strengths.
The team at OKW have extensive experience in providing advice to domestic and foreign investors, professional contractors, and entities engaged in specialist investment project management operations at all stages of the building process.
Due to our experience, OKW is also sought after when it comes to commercial space sales as an effective negotiator and a pragmatic advisor. We also boast significant experience in terms of providing legal advice to lessees of large commercial units.
We work with insurers operating on the London market, who provide insurance support in real estate transactions. Through this cooperation, OKW has been involved in a series of major real estate transactions on the domestic market.
In particular, we support our clients in the following areas:
- drafting and negotiating professional real estate sale agency agreements, real estate management as well as ongoing real estate management agreements,
- construction and administrative law, including handling disputes before public administration bodies and administrative courts in matters pertaining to real estate and investment processes,
- designing and negotiating building works contracts, design contracts and broad project management,
- negotiating leased agreements, with experience from both sides of the negotiating table,
- leasing of office space and shopping centre units,
- real estate due diligence and purchase legal risk assessments,
- drafting or analysing real estate sale agreements (including conditional and preliminary sale agreements), taking into account the tax regimes (e.g. scope of applied VAT exemption, TCLT, VAT options),
- comprehensive legal status analysis of real estate, legal risk assessments (including probability), and final recommendations,
- real estate trade legal support, including restrictions associated with real estate of an agricultural or forest nature,
- support within the scope of regulating the legal status of land, analysis of spatial planning regulations as well as local plans.